The upcoming EP from Seventeen received over 4.67 million pre-orders, according to agency Pledis Entertainment on Thursday.
It is a record for the band whose previous EP “FML” logged 4.64 million in pre-orders. The 10th EP was released in April and sold more than 6.27 million units in total, renewing album sales record in K-pop history.
The band has been uploading teaser photographs for EP “Seventeenth Heaven” that is due out on Oct. 23. Its offline promotional event “Seventeen Street,” held in Seoul over six days until Monday, drew 100,000 fans.
Meanwhile, the 13-member act picked up two trophies from 2023 The Fact Music Awards in Korea on Tuesday – the grand prize and artist of the year.
Blackpink amasses 300m views with ‘Boombayah’ dance video
- Foreign workers' deaths get weak sanctions
- S. Korea to crack down on illegal immigrants
- [Korean History] 2002, when Korea soared through World Cup
- Hanwha seeks bigger presence in burgeoning global robotics market
- Another suspect of Tajik duo behind S. Korean money exchange robbery nabbed
- Samsung Biologics raises annual estimated earnings to W3.6t
- Seoraksan cools below freezing as autumn takes hold
- N. Korea spurs efforts to raise crop production during fall harvest season